Partner and Head of Wills & Estate Planning at Andrew & Co Solicitors Helen Newson writes...
Solicitor - Dispute Resolution
Position: General and Commercial Litigation Solicitor
Responsible to: Employment & Dispute Resolution Team Leader
Hours of Work: 9.00 am - 5.15 pm
To have your own case load but also when necessary to support other members of the Employment and Dispute Resolution Team by:-
• Carrying out a range of Commercial and General Litigation work including contentious commercial property, contentious Probate and TOLATA claims.
• Carrying out residential possession work including issuing proceedings.
• Representing clients at hearings, or as appropriate instructing Counsel to represent and/or advise clients.
• Assisting other members of the Team with a range of dispute resolution matters.
• Playing an active role in Business Development.
• Self motivated, forward thinking, well organised and resilient.
• Commercially aware and able to meet targets.
• Client focused, with strong client care/service skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and drafting skills.
• Supervisory experience.
• Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong team player (beyond individual fees) with ‘can do’ attitude and ability to build and sustain good working relationships irrespective of working pressures.
• Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence.
• To provide expert legal support and advice to clients, including taking instructions from clients, and advising on necessary courses of action.
• Preparation, collation and management of documents in the carrying out of client work.
• Although the role is based at the firm's Lincoln office the post holder may be asked to provide cover on occasions at the firm's Newark office.
• Playing a key role in business development work undertaken by the Team and the Firm.
• Training will be provided as needed.
Deadline: Monday 6 August 2018
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org