*This role will be in line with the national apprenticeship scheme criteria and the successful candidate will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration.*
The primary aspect of the role will be supporting the reception and support functions of the Firm. This will include handling incoming telephone enquiries as well as the sorting and distribution of post. The role also involves the provision of ad hoc support to each of the teams in the Firm through a varied range of tasks.
• Reliable and Punctual
• Excellent telephone manner
• Well developed interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills are essential
• Enthusiastic and committed to excellent service
• Flexibility and strong team playing skills (with lead receptionist and wider team/firm)
• Well organised
• Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook
‘Business as usual’ support:
• Managing the incoming mail process including opening, date stamping and distribution of all mail.
• Attending to photocopying, binding, laminating, deletions, mail merges, provision of bill paper and such other duties as are required to
provide full support to the secretarial staff.
• Writing up minutes from meetings as and when required.
• Setting up meeting rooms for webinars when needed.
• Emptying the Post and Archive trays throughout the office.
• Organising the internal collection and despatch of post in readiness for collection by Royal Mail and DX.
• Assisting the Records & Premises Maintenance Coordinator as required particularly with deeds, wills and archived file management.
• Assisting the duties of the Records & Premises Maintenance Coordinator in their absence. A copy of the relevant job description will be
provided giving details of the responsibilities involved.
• Ensuring stationery areas are well stocked, clean and tidy around the office.
• Ensuring all kitchen areas are clean, tidy and well stocked.
• Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required.
Administrative support to Management Team eg:
• Using Outlook to arrange ad hoc and regular meetings within the firm (with consideration given to reasonable convenience of those
attending) and which may include external venues.
• Managing room bookings for the upstairs meeting rooms ensuring they have appropriate resources eg. laptop, projector (eg. fully set up with slides), flipchart, catering, seating arrangements.
• Clearing of upstairs meeting rooms, loading and unloading dishwasher and putting items away.
• Assisting the FM team with maintenance issues as required.
• Be the main point of contact when reception cover is needed.
• Assisting with banking during Accounts’ staff holidays.
• Assisting Business Development & Digital Media Coordinator with pre planned admin support for events/advertisements e.g. preparing name
badges, meet and assist clients and visitors to rooms.
• Transcription, photocopying and flexible admin duties as appropriate.
• Sending out client satisfaction surveys by email and post and logging responses.
• Be the main point of contact for covering Receptionist's lunch break, holiday and sickness cover.
• Working with the main receptionist to ensure all telephone calls are answered promptly and efficiently and placing them appropriately within
• Working with the main receptionist to assist with the individual requirements of clients and other callers to the office.
• Certifying copy ID documentation for internal purposes.
• Hospitality at reception and for meetings.
A full driving licence and vehicle with business use insurance would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Business Administration.