Working predominantly from the Lincoln office, Andrew & Co Solicitors is looking for a progressive, forward thinking individual to join our Private Client team.
Supported by a team located across both Lincoln & Newark offices, you will manage relationships and build rapport with long established clients as well as driving new clients into firm by using business development techniques.
• Fee earning work to cover a broad range of Private Client instructions, with supervision from the Team Leader (Paralegal and secretarial resource is available within the team).
• Contribution to the team plan and other activities eg. business development, quality standards.
• Full fee earning target applies
• good academic record with sound technical knowledge and skills, to include the basics of trusts and taxation
• eye for detail/accuracy
• ‘can do’ approach, proactive in identifying and addressing client issues
• broad post qualification experience in areas noted below
• approachable, tactful and diplomatic, both internally and externally, with good, well balanced interpersonal and communication skills. Can command respect.
• a team player with a balanced, well grounded approach who is flexible and supportive in working with more junior staff
Should be able to handle a broad range of private client work, with particular emphasis on elderly client aspects
• Administration of estates – to include income and capital gains tax advice and returns
• Will preparation
• LPAs and their registration
• Court of Protection applications and advice
• General financial management for elderly/disabled clients eg under a Deputyship
• Planning for residential home fees – to include the use of trusts in wills and inter vivos
Position will involve:
• visits out of the office to see clients at home and in hospital/nursing homes
• participation in seminars/presentations given by the team, and other business development opportunities as appropriate
• management of secretarial support
• taking responsibility for lower and middle ranking work with, responsible to HN or ACS but with minimal supervision
If you are interested in this position or have any questions please contact Wendy Hillman by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01522 512123. To apply for the position please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to Wendy.