One of Lincolnshire’s oldest businesses has pledged to support the county’s most...
Residential Property Paralegal - Newark office
Position: Residential Property Paralegal
Responsible to: Team Leader
Hours of Work: 9.00am to 5.15pm
Department: Residential Property
Purpose of Role:
• Assisting with running a caseload of residential property files through a case management system.
• Providing help and assistance to clients and to others in the Team
• Promoting the image of Andrew & Co in the market.
• Full involvement in developing the Residential Property Team in Newark and increasing work with a view to increasing the number of team members working from Newark.
• Good working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Production of legal forms e.g. Oyez, Lexis Nexis
• Case management experience preferred
• Competent levels of literacy and numeracy
• Well developed interpersonal skills to include dealing with clients face to face and on the telephone and speaking to current work partners and prospective work partners, such as estate agents and developers.
• Well organised, flexible and with a high level of attention to detail
• Full clean driving licence preferred
• Running a caseload of residential property files through a case management system, with fee earner support – sales, purchases, transfers of equity, equity release and remortgages, both registered and unregistered.
• Production of high levels of correspondence
• Preparation of straightforward completion statements and fee accounts.
• Dealing directly with routine client enquiries and handling straightforward client matters and correspondence
• Assisting with administrative support when required
• Team fee earning target applies.
• Keeping both paper files and the Case Management System up to date
• Attending on clients as necessary
• The role is with a view to moving into a trainee conveyancing executive role, and eventually moving to a fee earner role.
• Business development is an essential part of the role, assisting the team and the Business Development Manager in researching new opportunities for, and conducting, business development such as meeting estate agents and networking.
• A firm focus will be on increasing workloads in the Newark branch, and the successful candidate will be required to be fully involved in this process.
Closing date: Monday 9 April 2018
If you are interested in this position please contact Wendy Hillman by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01522 512123. To apply for the position please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to Wendy.